Is the XTend 900 module compatible with XBee-Pro 900 XSC S3B

I want to increase the range between a couple XBee-Pro 900 XSC S3B modules and am wondering if I can setup an XTend 900 module as a repeater to that network?

No the 9xtend and the XBee Pro XSC are not compatible with each other as they operate over different frequencies.

Unless I’m missing something, both XTend 900 and the XBee-Pro 900 XSC S3B operate at 900 MHz.

You are correct in that fact that they operate within the ISM 900 MHz band but they do not operate over the same number of frequencies. The XBee PRO XSC operates over 25 frequencies between 912 - 918 where as the 9xtend operates over 50 frequencies between 905 - 925 MHz.

Hello everyone, I am facing the same issue here as I want to extend the range of my XBEE-Pro 900 XSC S3B modules…so is there any clue ?
also is it possible for that modules to be configured as routers?
knowing that
XBEE Modem: XBP9B-DM
Function Set : XBEE PRO 900HP 200K
Version: 8067

You can either add a high gain antenna just don’t go over the specifications listed in the manual or you can use the repeater mode (MD) that is built into the firmware.

Thank you so much mvut for your reply…
sorry but i have another question, for XBEE Series1, is it possible to configure a radio as a router by any way or another knowing that:
XBEE modem: XBP24
Function Set: XBEE PRO 802.15.4
Version: 10E6.
or it is fixed to be configured as point to point communication only as mentioned in most of the web articles.
Thanks

No it is not possible as the 802.15.4 protocol is a point to point, point to mufti-point protocol only.

Aha, that’s alright…
Thank you so much for the help :slight_smile: