Lost / Corrupted bin BL2120

Hi people,

I have a BL2120 single board computer. On this board there is a RCM2300. My problemm: occassionally the firmware/bin on the RCM is corrupted or lost. I have to load the bin (via Rabbit Field Utility) again, but after a while it happens again.
The RCM2300 communicates with the RabbitLink (EG2110). The prog out of the Rabbitlink is connected to the rabbit programming port of the RCM2300.

My question(s):
1 Does anybody now the problemm?
2 Is the Flash on the RCM2300 defected?

Please help me!

//Ilker Acar

No one??? please help!!! problem still excists.

What do you mean with the firmware is corrupted or lost?
I would hazard that you have a pointer misadress issue. Have you tried loading one of the example programs on the device, and running it for a couple of hours. If that works, then there is nothing wrong with your flash.

Best is to divide your program in divide-able sections, and load each section, run it and see if the problem appears. If it doesnt then add the next section etc.

-Edit Wow just looked at the dates, the problem persisted for a year and a half. You must have more information on the problem after a year and a half than the bit you wrote about it? :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re right about the time…
Well we have some devices in the field working with these RCM’s. When the fault has detected, then our service engineer just updates or replaces the whole device. It isn’t a matter of hours, but weeks/months and also not on every device. It is very inreliable.

We have to load the programm again, and then the RCM2300 is working fine. Why is he losing his programm???

Regards,

Ilker

Well you’ll have to figure out a way to get the problem more reproducable in a shorter time frame, if that is possible. I have no idea what your application is, but for instance if it does some kind of logging every hour, increase it to every 5 secs, etc. You get the idea. Is the units perhaps in the vicinity of high power RF, which could cause spikes or drops in your PSU.