May I change BSP_TICKS_PER_SECOND ?

Hi,The original number of tick per second #define BSP_TICKS_PER_SECOND 100 is not suitable for my application. May I change this value to 1000 ? I saw a message from knowledge database stating that this action is not recommended. Marcelo

BSP_TICKS_PER_SECOND as defined in the bspconf.h file determines the system clock rate only and you can call it anywhere in your application although it might be changed however this would be at your own risk since it will affect some other components way of working with in the BSP. It is really not recommended. The BSP_TICKS_PER_SECOND dependency will be removed being bundled at compile time with the stack and others for NET+OS 6.0.

Does this mean, for NETOS 6.0 I have to use always a 10ms Tick? Or will all components be implemented “tick independent”? Is it then possible to change the tick rate with NET+OS 6.0 if i don’t have the BSP_TICKS_PER_SECOND?

With v6.0 you will be able to change the tick rate. No more 10ms dependency.

Where can I find documentation for the things that are going to change in Net+OS 6.0? When will version 6.0 be available?

It will be available around September time frame.