Necessary time for CH command to become effective

Hello,

I use Digi XBee® 3 802.15.4 RF Module via SPI link.

I need to change the Operating Channel (CH) on the fly, with AT Command frame - 0x08.

How many ms take for the channel change to be effective? How to check that the operating channel was correctly changed and ready to transmit?

Thanks,
Dan

DanNTA,

I don’t know the exact timing but I can tell you that when you get the ACK from the AT command, it has already taken effect.

Digi Support

With the SPI, the ACK is the AT Command Response frame - 0x88 ?

Thanks.

Dan,

Yes, that would be the frame.

Digi Support

Hello,

I didn’t success with this subject.

What I need to do is:
TX Request – CH 0xC - TX Request – CH 0xE - TX Request – CH 0xC - TX Request – CH 0xE etc…

Once the CH command is sent, the AT Command Response frame - 0x88 arrive after 20µs but, when I try to send data with TX Request: 16-bit address - 0x01, the frame go to the wrong receiver with the wrong channel or even worst, the frame is not sent at all and I don’t get the TX Status frame - 0x89.

I tried also to give some time after CH commands, up to 200ms before sending frame but no change.

After a lot of tests, if I have to draw a conclusion, I will say that, after a channel change the first TX Request is not correctly handled.

Everything else works fine if channel is not changed so I don’t think I had some hardware or software issues.

Someone has an idea how to handle this ?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,

You need to wait for it to change channels before you send the TX request packet. You need to make sure that when you send the AT command, that you are sending the apply changes function and verify that the channel changed.

Digi Support