Patches when not connected to Internet?

I’m going to move development work to a computer that won’t have internet access, so need a method of obtaining and applying patches to Net+O/S. Ideally in a reasonably automated way.

There’s a description of how to create a local repository from which to install patches in another thread, which solves the second part of the problem (although a recent post suggests the method might not work).

But how do I download patches in the first place? Does patch manager use some recognised protocol?

I have options to run something on both Windows and Linux computers.

Hello steved,
Downloaded packages are stored in a temp folder located in the package_manager directory of each Digi Software component. For example, NET+OS packages are downloaded in C:/netos74/package_manager/temp (or wherever you have NET+OS installed) and Digi ESP packages are stored in C:/Program Files/Digi/Digi ESP/package_manager/temp (or wherever you have Digi ESP installed).

So, if you want to install the packages into another computer without internet access, just copy the contents of those folders and paste them into a new folder of your new computer. After that, configure that new directory as local repository and you will be able to install them.

Hope it helps,

Regards.

PS: In DEL, packages are stored in /usr/local/DigiEL-X.Y/package_manager/temp and /usr/local/DigiEL-X.Y/digiesp/package_manager/temp (or wherever you have DEL installed).

Message was edited by: descalon

Thanks for the information - however my question was aimed more at how to download the packages from the update site in the first place, if I don’t have a PC running Digi software which has an internet connection.

You need an internet connection on a development PC running the Digi ESP to grab the latest patches via package manager. The patches for NET+OS 7.4 and later are only available through package manager.

You need an internet connection on a development PC running the Digi ESP to grab the latest patches via package manager. The patches for NET+OS 7.4 and later are only available through package manager.

That’s a pity - we prefer to keep development machines firmly detached from the internet as part of our security policy.