Producing speech...

Hello,

We are currently producing rabbit 3700 core module based access control system… a potential customer asked if it was possible to produce a spoken message using a speaker, instead of a beep…

Currently we are using a buzzer to generate a beep… would it be possible to generate speech using the rabbit processor?
A free pin, a speaker and a capacitator would do the trick?

Edit:
Something like http://www.beyondlogic.org/pic/ringtones.htm but then not for ringtones, but actually speech (something like ‘welcome mr. anderson’.

[QUOTE=IWriteCode;109]Hello,

We are currently producing rabbit 3700 core module based access control system… a potential customer asked if it was possible to produce a spoken message using a speaker, instead of a beep…

Currently we are using a buzzer to generate a beep… would it be possible to generate speech using the rabbit processor?
A free pin, a speaker and a capacitator would do the trick?

Edit:
Something like http://www.beyondlogic.org/pic/ringtones.htm but then not for ringtones, but actually speech (something like ‘welcome mr. anderson’.[/quote]

A while back we created a sister company called Imagine Tools to address the hobbyist market with a board specifically targeted to that area. This board was based on the RCM3700 and RCM3710 core modules. The reason I point this out is a sample program that does just what you’re asking for can be downloaded from this website.

Imagine Tools Download Page

Select the Dynamic C Lite download and install it on your system. I am not proposing you use this development system, however, it will install a library called hobbyist.lib and in the sample applications there is a wave player sample. This will also install the users manual which covers all the sample programs. You can take the audio routines from the hobbyist.lib and modify them to work with your design. Not a direct solution, but it will certainly give you an example of what you are wanting to do. This solution does require a PWM port, not just any pin on the processor. Hope this helps.

I took a quick look, and it looks very promosing! Will check it out very soon, thanks for the reply!