Python Access to X2e Configuration

I’m trying to write a fairly complicated python script for an X2e that is tasked with managing a network of devices that all contain Xbee S2C modules. With a socket using the ‘XBS_PROT_TRANSPORT’ protocol I’m able to ferry information to and from devices and everything has been working great, but I’ve come across an issue.

What I need to do is determine what the PANID of the X2e is, from within the python script. My first thought was to try and use the ‘XBS_PROT_DDO’ protocol, but since the target is the local module that lives in the X2e I’m not sure if that is a special case.

If ‘XBS_PROT_DDO’ is the correct approach, how can I get the 64-bit ZigBee address of the Xbee module in the X2e to target it with a command? If not, is there another library or method I can use to get information from the Xbee in the X2e?

I’m also having issues getting ‘XBS_PROT_DDO’ to work at all, even for remote targets that I know the address of. I’ll put that in a separate post so if you’re a Python ninja have a look and see if you can see what’s going on there too.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Not sure if XBS_PROT_DDO has been removed and is just a remnant in the wiki, but on another page I found here there are two functions in the Xbee module that accomplish what I was trying to do.

ddo_get_param() and ddo_set_param() seem to work and have a quick shortcut to target the local module (set target to None). Not as pythonic or elegant as the socket extension solution, but it looks like it works so huzzah!