RCM3000 Ethernet and I/O conflict ?

Hi. I suspect this is an old issue but I can’t find it. Hope someone can help. I am using RCM3000 on a motherboard with expanded I/O for industrial control. I am using the PortA Aux I/O function where port A becomes a buffered external data bus and port B2-7 bcome buffered external address lines. I have a simple I/O system using HCT259 where IA0-2 are address lines, IA3 is data and IA4-5 are decoded via half an HCT138 to give 4, 8 bit wide blocks of digital I/O. It works fine until I tried sending UDP packets. On the RCM3000 PE2 is reserved for the Ethernet adaptor and the realtek chip also uses /IOWR and /IORD so pesumably the chip is mapped to I/O space. I have a large pump which is switched on by a write to I/O address 24 and switched OFF by a write to address 16. Every time I send a UDP packet, the pump is switched off. I suspect I am not initialising the board and the ethernet in the correct order or I need to reconfigure the module before sending packets, to protect the I/O space. I have tried many combinations of setup but I can’t find the right one. Has anyone been through this before and can point me in the right direction ? Thanks.

Hi, I think you have to use brdInit() function in your application, it will initialize the board properly.