Recommend me a Antenna System for a High Altitude Weather Balloon Launch

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for an antenna system (both transmitter and receiver) for a hight altitude balloon project. The payload will be equipped with environmental sensors as well as GoPro Camera. We like to receive the real-time data from sensors and camera (pictures/video) on ground (stationary base station). The balloon is expected to reach heights up to 100,000 ft.

Please advise a circularly polarized (RHCP) antenna system that will work with our project.

Maqsood

What product

I am looking for a product that will fulfill my needs as I described them above.

Something I think you may not understand is your overall bandwidth requirements. You see you need to understand that Video requires large amounts of bandwidth. Generally Megabytes worth of bandwidth. (See https://www.digi.com/support/knowledge-base/which-radio-does-digi-recommend-for-wireless-video)

None of the Non Cellular products outside of a WiFi product is going to offer that kind of bandwidth. Even at that, WiFi is not going to offer you the kind of distances you are looking for.