Smart Energy Cluster Attributes

Hello everyone.

The lab that I’m working for has started a project where they want to create a website that the user can log in to and do various things related to a smart energy network, like see how much energy has been consumed by various devices or see which devices have been remotely temporarily turned off by the utility company.

The website is a bit different than most because the site will be running on a router that the ESP sends its traffic through. For various reasons, we aren’t allowed to use iDigi.

We’ve been working on this for the past couple of weeks but haven’t made much progress. Our current setup is this: a dumb meter, a smart plug, and the X2 (which I believe is acting as the ESP).

Up until now, we’ve been trying to get things working using the Python libraries that Digi has provided. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to figure out a way to remotely read or write cluster attributes on the devices in the SE network, though. I’ve read in the documentation and other places that using AT commands or querying the device manually in API mode might be the way to go. In particular, ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000976_C.pdf says that the ZCL can be queried in API mode.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I haven’t been able to find much information on how to read or write cluster attributes.

Thank you,
-vestigal

The Digi Smart Energy Framework defaults to using the proprietary EDP protocol for sending all data up to iDigi.

You will want to discuss this project and possible development options with your Digi Sales Representative who can be contacted at: 1-877-912-3444.

Hi vestigal,

I was wondering if you were able to use the module in SE mode.

I have been looking for library like this,
https://code.google.com/p/python-xbee/

But this supports only generic ZigBee and not SE.

Any response would be really appreciated.!

Thanks,
Krishna