TCP keep Alive, Serial port Keep alive

Hi,

I’m struggling to find a clear explanation of how the TCP keep alive is configured through the web interface.It’s displayed under network settings and under Serial port settings.

That is there is a check box under advanced settings with the timeout and polling interval. There is also a check box to select the socket,telnet or ssl connections.

Is it simply the buttons for the port configuration assign the keepalive process to the selected ports?

I believe this maybe the route cause of a significant issue we are experiencing on a noisy network ( some have the keep alive set for the TCP socket, others dont)

Can someone help me understand how this all relates?

Thanks

Si

That turns it on, but it still defaults to 2 hours which isn’t of much use. I would change the timing to at most 4 minutes, but probably won’t go faster than 1 minute.

I assume your goal is TCP keepalive on TCP port 2101?

I believe you need to make an API call, namely NAIpSetKaInterval. This is described in the API reference manual. under Internatworking and then Global IP Configuration.

This is setting a global variable so I would set this as you enter applicationStart(). Once this is set then if the configure button in the web interface is just on/off, when on, this interval should take effect for all sockets created. BTW you pass it an unsigned short which is measured in seconds. Also 7200 (two hours) is the default.