Telnet log message

In my telnet window where the sensor displays the temperature and lighting every 5 seconds, I am getting the following message periodically:

XBeeConfigBlockSleep: trying '00:13:a2:00:40:2d:1f:10! = ‘SM’ to 0x0
XBeeConfigBlockSleep: trying '00:13:a2:00:40:2d:1f:10! = ‘SM’ to 0x0 failed <>
XBeeDeviceManager: '00:13:a2:00:40:2d:1f:10! next config attempt deferred 240 seconds

I entered the extended address of the coordinator into my dia.yml configuration file so is this message typical or did I miss something?

Thanks,

Mike

I’ve seen that error before!

The cause of this is likely the Gateway the DIA is running on cannot see the node with that address. If you reboot the device, and do a ‘display mesh clear’ on the command line, does that address appear in the table?

If so, can you currently ask it information? One command to try would be ‘set mesh addr=00:13:a2:00:40:2d:1f:10! VR’ and it should report the firmware version to you.

If the device does not appear in the node table, you should find out why its not associated.

Max

I think it is a configuration problem in the YML file.

It seems that Dia is trying to configure the Sleep Mode of your XBee Sensor to 0x00 (Sleep Mode disabled) but in ZB it is not possible to configure an end device to not to sleep, so you are getting that error. Your XBee Sensor is configured with sleep = False by default, so you should add (or modify) this line into your YML Dia configuration file, at the XBee Sensor settings:

sleep: True

Hope it helps.

Regards.