Two XBees only receiving color in XCTU

I am using two Xbee, one as End device and one as Coordinator. Both devices are connected using Arduinos and Arduino Xbee shields.

The Arduino sketch of the End device is sending an incresing counter every second:

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
}

int i = 0;

void loop() {
i = i + 1;
Serial.println(i);
delay(1000);
}

The sketch of the coordinator only prints whatever comes in the serial port.
void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
if (Serial.available() > 0) {
Serial.write(Serial.read());
}
}

When I open XCTU terminal to monitor the End device, it shows the sending numbers as receiving bytes, as it appears in red colour.
If i open the Arduino IDE terminal, in the coordinator side, it shows no receiving bytes.

I guess it’s something going wrong in the serial communication as in the XCTU the coordinator should show receiving bytes in blue.

The xbee shields are both with the switch in XBee mode (not in USB mode)

Which XBee modules are you working with?

What firmware version is installed on both radios?

Are you connecting CTS hardware flow control to your end device’s processor? Are you monitoring this CTS line to verify that your End device is awake and can receive data?

I am working with XBee PRO S2B. End device firmware version 28A7, Coordinator firmware version 20A7.
I am not really sure what you mean with the CTS but in the XCTU, in both terminals, the CTS label appear in white background with no blinking which means that the End device is not sleeping.

The end device is awake as for testing I configured it with the least sleeping period and maximum awake time.

I just checked that with the Coordinator shield switch in USB mode I do manage to see the receiving bytes in the Arduino IDE terminal. But I am still wandering why the XCTU terminal of the End device show the bytes as receiving (red) when it should be transmitting (blue)

The Terminal of XCTU shows Transmit and receive from the PC. Not a 3rd party processor.