userblock_sample.c Does not work on RCM5700

I tried the userblock_sample.c on 2 different RCM5700 modules and it does not work. What is the reason for this ?

The wrtie ID block sample posted on the website is for older versions of Dynamic C. You should contact Tech support at support@rabbit.com and ask for a newer sample, be sure to mention what version of Dynamic C you are using.

Thanks, but they should also note that in the samples directory or DC 10.46
thats where i got the example at.

Can you tell me the name and folder that you foudn this in?

C:\DCRABBIT_10.46\Samples\UserBlock\userblock_sample.c

That sample works for me. What is the output displaying?

Saving…
test_data.foo = 12
test_data.bar = 34
test_long = 5678
test_string = Hello!

Loading…
test_data.foo = 0
test_data.bar = 0
test_long = 0
test_string = Not correct!

In your projrct options, cimpile options, what do you have checked for “Store program in” flash or ram???

Never mind, ram will not work with this sample. I believe you may have a hardware issue with your cores. I suggest you contact thr RMA department and return these two for evaluation.

ok… but these are 2 brand new RCM5700 kits.
I also orderd 4 spare RCM5700 modules all they all do the same.

Now that things are working thanks to your help. i want to be 100% clear on what location i am safe to write to since the documentation does not clarify it. If i use writeUserBlock(unsigned addr, void *source, unsigned numbytes) on a RCM5700 what is the safe address i am going to sue for the first parameter of this call ?

For the rest of you, this is an update for those that may in the same boat, Margaret has informed me of this:

http://www.rabbit.com/documentation/docs/manuals/RCM5700/Notice/020-0158.htm

IF you wish to use your userID block then and your board is before this date you will need to do this.

http://www.rabbit.com/support/downloads/downloads_prod.shtml

Try downloading the file for the 5700 on that page. The one I ordered needed to be updated. It is likely you have the same problem.

Nevermind. I didn’t realize there was a page 2. I was never able to find how much info was stored in the user block. Since there are no ADC calibration constants to store like on the 4000, I don’t imagine there’s much there. I picked to go 100 bytes above the starting location and haven’t run into any issues.

I still would like to either have Rabbit chime in on this and give me an exact location start to finish where i can place my data. -OR- a document that would describe these loactions for the RCM5700