cant increase USERBLOCK size

I need to increase the USERBLOCK size from 8k to 16K.
I am trying to run the write_idblock_rcm67xx.c sample program and get these errors:

line 1 : WARNING ERROR: No parameters found for flash id received from pilot bios - using default parameters.
line 325 : WARNING BOARDTYPES.LIB: SERIAL_BOOT_FLASH should be defined - fix TCData.ini or UserBlock.
line 326 : WARNING BOARDTYPES.LIB: Invalid redefinition of macro ‘SERIAL_BOOT_FLASH’.
line 1 : WARNING ERROR: No parameters found for flash id received from pilot bios - using default parameters.
line 3010 : ERROR MALLOC.LIB : Out of xmem code space. Please refer to the Dynamic C User’s Manual for more information.

And I can’t seem to use this RCM6700 anymore. Is this RCM6700 bricked?

I’m afraid to try this on another RCM6700 for fear of ruining that one too and these modules are almost impossible to get until Sept 2022.

Did you follow these instructions from the top of the Write ID Block program? Based on your errors, it looks like you might be missing them.

To program an RCM67xx board which lacks an existing correct and valid system
ID block, add the appropriate set of the following sets of macro=value lines
to Dynamic C's Project Options' Defines tab. If Dynamic C stops the compile
because of too many invalid macro redefinition warnings, increase the
"Max Shown > Warnings:" count to 100 on the Project Options' Compiler tab.

If you select the RCM6700 in “Targetless” tab of “Project Options”, can you compile the program to a binary file (“Compile/Compile to .bin file” menu option)? Make sure you can get that to work first.

You might need to enable “Separate Instruction & Data” in the Compiler Options if you continue to have xmem code space errors.

yes followed the instructions to add all macros to the compiler defines and am able to compile to .BIN but get this warning: (separate I&D is also checked)
line 1 : WARNING ERROR : Invalid redefinition of macro ‘BOARD_TYPE’.

When I try to flash the unit, I get these messages:
line 1 : WARNING ERROR : No parameters found for flash id received from pilot bios - using default parameters.
line 325 : WARNING BOARDTYPES.LIB : SERIAL_BOOT_FLASH should be defined - fix TCData.ini or UserBlock.
line 326 : WARNING BOARDTYPES.LIB : Invalid redefinition of macro ‘SERIAL_BOOT_FLASH’.
line 324 : ERROR MEMORY_LAYOUT.LIB : Origin “rootcode” declared outside its parent “xmemcode” in physical ranges: [1000, c800)

Sorry, I didn’t see your followup messages (originally posted as an answer). Which version of Dynamic C are you using? Can you try installing the latest (10.72E) from the digi.com website?

https://hub.digi.com/dp/path=/support/asset/dynamic-c-1072e-new-release/

(Note that page has links to the Release Notes as well – click on “View” to get to the installer).

I’m thinking you might have the original 10.72 or earlier, which is missing some patches for compatibility with new serial flash ICs. https://hub.digi.com/support/products/dynamic-c/?path=/support/asset/dynamic-c-serial-flash-patch/