Xbee reception

Hi there,

I recently bought some Xbee modules (XBEE PRO SX), but I have some problem to make them communicate.
I plugged one on XCTU, and I send some datas with it.

I plugged the second one on my Arduino Mega.
Here is the mapping for my setup.

Pin 1 : GND –> Ground Arduino
Pin 2 : VCC –> 5V Arduino
Pin 6 : DOUT –> RX3 Arduino
Pin 7 :SHUTDOWN –> Digital 26 Arduino

Both XBEE modules got the same ID, same baudrate, same everything.

Here is my code :smiley:

Char ch

Void setup () {

Serial.begin (9600);
Serial.begin (9600);

DigitalWrite (26, HIGH); //enables normal mode operation

}

Void loop () {

While (Serial3.available() > 0) {
ch = Serial3.read();
Serial.print(ch);
}

And I receive nothing in the monitor…

Can you help me guys ???

Are you able to enter command mode with each of the XBee modules?

Note that the SX PRO module requires 1A of current at 3.3V in order to transmit. Your Arduino is not going to be able to source that much current.

The transmitting Xbee module is plugged directly on the the Xtend module so I can program it on the computer.
The second one (plugged on the arduino) don’t need that much power cuz it is just receiving datas from the other Xbee.
The point is that when I am looking at what my Xbee reveiver receives, the first thing I see is β€œOK” (just like if it would be into command mode) and after that it starts counting up in hexadecimal, and sometimes he receives the data transmitted by the other Xbee (transmitting continiously).

I was thinking that it was counting up because the config pin was held low but even when I hold thid pin high, it doesn’t change anything.

Thanks guys :wink:

You have placed the module in what is called Pitch mode. Try disconnecting the CONFIG line from the board.