XML RPC with xbee_AT command

I’m having a problem installing a new certificate using my own XML/RPC interface. I know that the RPC interface works because the following XML code returns a long list of parameters:


  


However, when I try to use the xbee_AT command to send AT commands over this interface, I can’t make it work.

The following XML (taken from the ConnectPort X2 for Smart Energy User’s Manual):


	
		
			ZU
                        01234567
		
	


produces a warning:


  
    
      xbee_AT
      Unknown subcommand
    
  


Similarly, if I drop the “do_command” tags, I get this error:


  
    Unknown command
    xbee_AT
  


The documentation actually isn’t good enough for me to figure out if I’m calling this incorrectly. Any ideas?

Hello,

I believe you should be using RPC_request in place of zigbee.

So, it would be:


        
                
                        ZU
                        01234567
                
        

Thanks! That seemed to work: I haven’t checked that the result went through properly, but it didn’t throw back any errors. Is there a document containing all the AT commands somewhere?

Great! I was having the same issue. I think the documentation around this could be a smidge more clear :slight_smile:

I sent this:


  
     
      
    
    
      
        
          ZU
          XXXObviouslyRemoved
        
      
    
  

And I got…


  
    
      
        
          
            Name not registered
            RPC_request
          
        
      
    
  
​

I’ve been fighting this, not exactly sure what I’m doing wrong…

Hello. I’m following up on some older replies that seemed to have been left without any final solution, and ran across this one just now.

I like to reply to these regardless of the age of the post, since the answer could still benefit someone else who may be running across the same error.

That being said, when you see a response such as “Name not registered”, this usually means that the RPC handler is not available on the gateway to handle the request.

This could be for a couple of different reasons, depending on your product and situation. For SE users, this could mean the SEF (smart energy framework) did not load to completion or wasn’t loaded at all). For others, it could mean that the do_command “target” is incorrect.

If you’re using the Dia, double check your YML (Dia config file) and make sure your RPC request is using the same target that you have specified in the YML config file.

Other comments, questions welcomed. :slight_smile: