900hp s3b's bricked

Purchased some 900hp’s cause the in-city range on the s2b (zb pro) was crap.

But these are DOA!

We can get to the “bootloader”, which is obviously not the same as the ‘real’ bootloader, since xctu won’t see the nodes (not the classic version, not the latest version, not on linux host, not on win7 host).

If you follow the instructions in the datasheet, you can see the B/V/A/F archaic bootloader, so the module is getting power, but there’s nothing in there (“A” gives “Unknown”), and I did the whole “F”…“C”…“C”…XModem upload “XBP9B_8074.ebin” thing, which did precisely…nothing.

So, I am correct that Digi is now selling a module that isn’t backwards-compatible with any of their other modules, and isn’t shipped with working firmware on it? Looks like this upgrade is anything but…

What is the full part number of the XBee modules you are working with? From the sounds of it, you have the Programmable versions and not the standard version.

The boss man thought they would be a great idea. Unfortunately we have all this infrastructure in place for the normal API mode protocol.

There’s no way to make these things talk API without installing codewarrior and figuring out all the pinouts and crap then?

Do you have the right p/n for a 900HP equivalent that would just talk API (or at least AT) out-of-the-box? Thanks.

You didn’t provide me with the part number of the radio so I can’t say for sure that you have the programmable. It just sounds like it. If you want to provide the part number of the modules you are having issues with, then I can confirm that for you.

Trust me, it’s the programmable one. Do ~you~ have the full p/n for the non-programmable one? Or is there some simple way to make the programmable one act like a non-programmable one (that sticks across boots)?

Again, without knowing what the product was that you purchased, I have nothing to use as a reference. In general, if your part number was say, XB24CZ7PISB003, then to get the Non programmable version the part number would be XB24CZ7PIS-003

Your other option is to load via a BDM programmer the transparent app or bootloader bypass code on the module.

So we take out the trailing ‘B’ in the part number. Got it, thanks!