AccelePort driver for newer Linux kernels/'TTY' has no member named 'flip'

I’m trying to compile the driver with 40002059_j.src.rpm on Fedora Core 5 (2.6.20-1.2316) and I’m getting the following error:

'TTY' has no member named 'flip'

Searching around, this appears to be due to a kernel change at 2.6.15? It also appears that this is a known issue and Digi have some updated drivers for this - is an updated driver available for the 8-port AccelePort RAS card?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Leon…

Yes, you will want to use the following driver candidate:

ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/beta/linux/dgdm/dgdm-1.1-12.src.rpm

Thanks - that’s working now!

Yes, you will want to use the following driver candidate:

ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/beta/linux/dgdm/dgdm-1.1-12.src.rpm

Where can I find this new beta source? It does not seem to be available any more.

The one on the main website seems to be 1.1.6 in file 40002059_j.tar.gz - I am trying to compile that on Ubuntu 9.04 server, kernel 2.6.28-16. And I get the TTY-flip error too.

I would much appreciate it if someone could post a copy of 1.1.12 or any newer source on the forum.

If you go on the driver page for that product and any of the Linux operating systems, you will see a link at the bottom which says “Click here for the latest *beta/release candidate if your Linux release or kernel is newer than those listed in the driver release notes.”

If you click that link, you’ll see a link for dgdm ver. 1.1-16 (current pre-release).

Ah, I see - the FTP page seems to run a script to render the page, and my browser (Google Chrome) did not do that right. I tried in Firefox and I found the file.

Thanks for your help! I will try this and see how it goes.

I still have trouble compiling the package with same settings above. Can somebody shed some light?

Here is the output of make:
(cd driver; make all)
make[1]: Entering directory /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver' make -C /lib/modules/2.6.28-16-server/build SUBDIRS=$PWD modules MYPWD=/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver make[2]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-16-server’
CC [M] /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.o
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c: In function ‘dgdm_cleanup_board’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c:611: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c: In function ‘dgdm_init_pci’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c:724: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c: In function ‘dgdm_triboot’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c:1158: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c: In function ‘dgdm_tribl_fwload’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c:1472: warning: the address of ‘buf’ will always evaluate as ‘true’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c: In function ‘dgdm_mbuf’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c:3215: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c:3218: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_driver.c:3225: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
CC [M] /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_fileio.o
CC [M] /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_mgmt.o
CC [M] /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_trace.o
CC [M] /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_audiotap.o
CC [M] /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_eqm.o
CC [M] /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_isdn.o
CC [M] /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_proc.o
CC [M] /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.o
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c: In function ‘dgdm_tty_init’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:627: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘refcount’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:651: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘open’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:652: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘close’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:653: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘write’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:654: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘put_char’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:655: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘flush_chars’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:656: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘write_room’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:657: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘flush_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:658: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘chars_in_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:659: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘ioctl’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:660: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘set_termios’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:661: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘throttle’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:662: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘unthrottle’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:663: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘stop’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:664: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘start’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:665: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘hangup’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:669: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘tiocmget’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:670: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘tiocmset’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:807: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘refcount’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:833: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘open’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:834: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘close’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:835: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘write’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:836: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘put_char’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:837: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘flush_chars’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:838: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘write_room’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:839: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘flush_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:840: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘chars_in_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:841: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘ioctl’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:842: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘set_termios’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:843: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘throttle’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:844: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘unthrottle’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:845: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘stop’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:846: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘start’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:847: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘hangup’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:851: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘tiocmget’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:852: error: ‘TTYDRIVER’ has no member named ‘tiocmset’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c: In function ‘dgdm_tty_close’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:2127: error: ‘struct tty_driver’ has no member named ‘flush_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:2128: error: ‘struct tty_driver’ has no member named ‘flush_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:2134: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘flush_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:2135: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘flush_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c: In function ‘dgdm_tty_flush_buffer’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:2676: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘write_wakeup’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:2677: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘write_wakeup’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c: In function ‘dgdm_tty_ioctl’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:2956: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘ioctl’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:2960: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘ioctl’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:3072: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘flush_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:3073: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘flush_buffer’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c: In function ‘data_cb’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:4308: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘receive_buf’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:4347: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘receive_buf’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c: In function ‘credit_cb’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:4796: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘write_wakeup’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:4797: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘write_wakeup’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c: In function ‘dxb_rxbuf’:
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:5666: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘receive_buf’
/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.c:5718: error: ‘struct tty_ldisc’ has no member named ‘receive_buf’
make[3]: *** [/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver/dgdm_tty.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [module/home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-16-server' make[1]: *** [build] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory /home/xxxuser/digi/dgdm-1.1/driver’
make: *** [all] Error 2

At first glance, it appears the kernel source package is not installed to match your running kernel. If you have not already, you should install the kernel source package to match your kernel and re-try the driver compilation/installation.

If the matching kernel source is installed, please advise what Linux distribution/version are you running?

Hi userid0,

I checked that the kernel matches the source. I am using Ubuntu server 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-16. Also as you can see in the make output, it is using the source from /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-16-server so that seems to be correct.

I am not knowledgeable about the changes made to tty source in the kernel (which seem to have caused the original issue on this thread), but the debugging output seems similar.

Would you have any other ideas?

It appears the dgdm driver will not work on kernels newer than 2.6.25.x.

I recommend going back to an older kernel version as I am not aware of any Digi plans at this time to add support for newer kernels with this driver.

If driver support for this kernel is critical, I recommend contacting Digi Tech. Support directly.