AnywhereUSB/5 M with Windows 2000, which firmware?

Hello,

I have a new AnywhereUSB/5 M with with firmware 1.51 in it and I like to use it with Windows2000 Standard server.

I found several manuals and also the Windows 2000 drivers version 2.40. The AnywhereUSB works and is configured, the Windows 2000 driver is installed and doe find and connect to the AnywhereUSB box. The 2 utilities give me green and connected.

But I don’t see any USB-devices which are connected to the AnywhereUSB/5 M, I don’t get a message that the hardware wizard finds new USB devices, nothing unfortunately.

I have tried an USB stick and a smartcard reader, both are not visible.

I have tried to put all devices in one group or in separate groups, but it does not matter.

Do I need to downgrade the firmware of the AnywhereUSB? And if yes, with what firmware (file)?

Or is there another procedure?

Regards, Marco

The AnywhereUSB/5 M will not work in Windows 2000. Digi has a kb article on this:

http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=3167

Sorry

The (legacy) AnywhereUSB/5 is the only model AnywhereUSB that is compatible with Windows 2000.

Newer “2nd generation” AnywhereUSB models, such as the AnywhereUSB/2, AnywhereUSB TS-44, AnywhereUSB/14, and AnywhereUSB/5 G2 are incompatible with Windows 2000, and only work with newer Operating Systems, i.e. Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7.

2nd generation models require newer drivers (v2.70 and above) which no longer support Windows 2000. Support was dropped for Windows 2000 in order to add support for newer Operating Systems.

The last driver that we released for Windows 2000 is v2.40. At that time, the (legacy) AnywhereUSB/5 was the only model AnywhereUSB that we offered, and Windows 2000 was supported then.

1 Like