Are there any backward compatibility issues between the XBee Pro RF Module and the XBee 3 LTE Modems?

We have an existing product that uses the XBee Pro RF module, and we communicate with it through a UART port to configure and periodically transmit data. We are upgrading to a cellular modem, which seems to have the same pinout. We have connected the following pins:

1 - Vcc
2 - DOUT
3 - DIN
5 - Reset
9 - DTR
10 - GND
16 - RTS

Will this be sufficient for the cell modem, and will we be able to communicate using AT commands like we did, or is the message structure different? I see there are Python and C libraries available, but I’d like to keep it simple and use what we already have, if possible.

The immediate goal is to demonstrate the hardware characteristics of our board with the modem in hardware so that we can get our hardware certified. A socket on the board allows us to swap out the RF module and replace it with a modem.

Yes, the basic pinout and UART interface is the same on all of the through hole Digi XBee modules.

Yes, you can use AT commands to establish a connection to server.

we communicate with it through a UART port to configure and periodically transmit data.

more information go herehttps://www.ondersteuningnummer.com/facebook/

I would suggest you quest the AI and CI commands before you send the data. Also make sure you set the DL, DE, CO and DL commands as well.