Authentication Certificates

I’m trying to configure the Wi-ME to use client certificates for authentication. I’m using a p7b file for the cert and a pvk for the private key. Are those formats acceptable to the Wi-ME?

When I try to upload the files the Wi-ME loads a blank page (http://192.168.50.121/Forms/wireless_8021x_config_2). When I go back to the authentication page it shows no installed certificates. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Chris,

Try using a p12b file. I know products can sometimes be picky about certificate formats when it comes to stuff like this.

Keith

Thanks for your reply.

I started out with a p12 cert, but the Wi-EM required a private key as a separate file. I can’t just upload one file that contains the private cert within it. So I went looking for other formats I might try…

When I try to submit the p12 cert with pvk private cert I get “Certificate upload failed: Wrong password or unrecognized certificate file format”.

I get the farthest with the p7b/pvk combo, but like I said it just takes me to a blank page.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Chris,

One other thought is to break the certificate into different files. If I remember correctly, there is the key section and then a cypher section or something like that. I thought I read somewhere the digi likes them in seperate files; but I haven’t tested it myself.

Keith