BL4S100 and XBEE Fails to xbee_init()

First, a little background of my development set-up:

Hardware: BL4S100 Rabbit with XBEE Series 2
XBEE Series 2 on USB to RS-232 board from Digi Professional Development Kit. This USB/Dongle is connected to my Desktop.

Goal: To communicate from Rabbit SBC to USB/Dongle XBEE in “Transparent Mode”. (Basically, using XBEE as Point-to-Point UART to RF device.)

Successful experiments: I can successfully connect an XBEE module to my microcontroller’s UART and communicate with another XBEE module connected to a second microcontroller’s UART. Basically, I have done the below (UART Data Flow). And this works Great!

Micro<->XBEE Module “<—RF—>” XBEE Module<->Micro

Now, instead of using the second “Micro + XBEE Module” I am replacing it with the Rabbit SBC (BL4S100).
This is where my programming/setup changes.

It appears, from the Rabbit end, I am not sending straight Serial Data to XBEE. My understanding is I have to use the “xbee_api.lib”. This is where I am confused on how to Create my application on the Rabbit to send/receive data to my “micro + XBEE” module.

I have been studying the “Dynamic C - An Introduction to Zigbee” manual and I have been examining the “EndPiont.C” example. However, I always seem to get an “init -62” error message from the Rabbit with xbee_init() function.

For testing I have the following configuration:

PC (HOST) with USB/XBEE Dongle.The REMOTE is my Rabbit BL4S100 SBC.

My goal is to send/receive data from Rabbit SBC to Host PC. Again, just Point-to-Point UART to RF only. I think sample source code in Dynamic C on Rabbit SBC would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Thanks to Tom Collins at Digi I have a solution and all is up and running perfectly!

Thanks!

Robert

What was the solution? I am having the same issue.

It’s been a while… But I believe the fix was in the setup configuration of the Xbee module. If you are still stuck, email me and I will dig it up in my notes.

Regards,
N0pau@att.net