Cannot discover radio nodes in the same network

I have the Digi XBee3 Zigbee Mesh Kit but have issues getting the Xbee3 to communicate. I have XCTU 6.5.6 and have all three Xbee3 in the mesh kit updated to the latest firmware (Product family: XB3-24; Function Set: Digi XBee3 Zigbee 3.0; Firmware version: 100D)

I follow closely the “XBee Zigbee Mesh Kit User Guide” and configure each XBees to be coordinator, router and end device specifically according to this link:

https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/Digidocs/90001942-13/?utm_source=packaging&utm_medium=insert&utm_campaign=xbee3&utm_content=XBeeZigbeeMeshKit#tasks/t_configure_zigbee_modules.htm?TocPath=Get%2520started%2520with%2520XBee%2520Zigbee%257CExample%253A%2520basic%2520communication%257C_____4

But I click the discover radio nodes in the same network, no device can be found - I tried (1) each of the three discovery buttons, (2) plugging and unplugging the devices, (3) discovering the modules connected to my machine before discovering them in the network (4) default all settings and try discovering nodes in the network (5) connect all three XBee’s Grove Board to the computer … all failed discovering the node in the same network.

I could only get the Coordinator talk to itself (so for each letter Tx it receives the duplicates the letter through Rx). Neither the Router or the End Device can send messages to the Coordinator.

1 Like

hi, i also have similar problem, may i ask the value of OP and CH in your XCTU?
in my case OP and CH remain 0 (zero)

sometimes I can establish a connection, but after change some configuration, (ie : change PAN ID) it will ruin all the connection. and it cannot be re establish with previous configuration.

any help would be appreciated, thankyou

1 Like

If the CH and OP are not the same values, enter command mode and issue an local network reset (ATNR0) on each of the nodes starting with the Coordinator. Make sure to leave the power up on the Coordinator.

If you are trying to use the remote discover function, then you need to make sure that the Coordinator is in API mode.

1 Like