Configuring the communication between the XBee modules

Hello, I would like to be assisted with configuring the XBee modules to communicate with each other. I am having an XBee PRO S2B and XBee S2C, I have made the XBee PRO S2B to be a coordinator and the XBee S2C to be the end. I used the same PAN ID, same EE &KY for the end device I set the API mode to [1] but for the coordinator there was no option for setting up the API mode.

What could be the problem leading to these two not able to communicate?

The old XBee PRO S2B module did not have enough memory for all of the firmware options to be in one target. As such, the API, Router and End device functions are in different firmware files. In this case, to use the XBee PRO S2B in API mode, you need to load the Coordinator AP firmware on the module.

Thanks for answering, I forgot to mention that after updating the firmware I did choose Coordinator AP newest version but still these two seem to be not communicating. What could be the problem, and how can I supply the screenshots showing the settings I made as I seem to be not able to upload picture here?

I would also like to know where can I possible find the libraries for linking the XBee modules to STM32 microcontroller using SPI interface?

Digi does not offer code for 3rd party processors.

I would suggest issuing a network reset on your router/end device. Then check the AI on both modules.

Hello,

I am still encountering difficulties, making the above mentioned devices to communicate. Now I am wondering if the XBee(s) has to be of the same version e.g XBee S2C(coordinator) and XBee S2C(end device) or XBee PRO S2B(coordinator) & XBee PRO S2B(end device), because I have a PRO S2B and S2C and in most videos I saw on YouTube the two devices are usually the same.

Could this be a problem?

No that would not be the issue. What could be the issue is the firmware version installed on the different modules. What version of firmware is running on your XBee S2B and XBee S2C?

The XBee S2C settings are:-
Product Family: XB24C
Function set: 802.15.4 TH
Firmware version:2003

The XBee S2B Pro settings are:
Product Family: XBP24BZ7
Function set: ZigBee Coordinator AT
Firmware version:20A7

The XBee S2B Pro settings are:
Product Family: XBP24BZ7
Function set: ZigBee Coordinator AT
Firmware version:20A7
my Web App:
Manzilak
cleaningpioneers

okay for my case, what firmware must I update the end device to so that these two communicate?

The XBee S2-B module with firmware version 20A7 is a Zigbee only module. You will need to change the firmware on your S2C modules to use the Zigbee function set running 4061 or higher for them to Join and communicate.