ConnectCore 6UL SBC SWU Update broken with 4.0

Hi!

I tried to migrate our system image for the CC 6UL SBC Pro from 3.2 to 4.0, which worked fine, but updating the software (between 4.0 versions) with *.swu packages seems broken:

[RECOVERY] Starting recovery...
to back
[RECOVERY] Checking update package 'core-image-base-swu-ccimx6ulsbc-20230308072651.swu'
[ERROR] : SWUPDATE failed [0] ERROR : HW compatibility not found
[ERROR] : SWUPDATE failed [0] ERROR : Found nothing to install
[ERROR] : SWUPDATE failed [0] ERROR : no parser available to parse sw-description!
[ERROR] : SWUPDATE failed [0] ERROR : Compatible SW not found
swupdate_image_write failed: Connection reset by peer
[ERROR] : SWUPDATE failed [0] ERROR : SWUpdate *failed* !
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_exit to work
Aborted
[RECOVERY] [ERROR] Invalid update package 'core-image-base-swu-ccimx6ulsbc-20230308072651.swu'
[RECOVERY] The system will now reboot in 10 seconds

Our systems is mainly based on core-image-base with small changes to the kernel and some additional packages.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

kind regards
Lukas

swupdate is intended for updates with the same version of Yocto and is not going to work for upgrades of the Yocto major version

Hi @LeonidM

Thank you for your response. I’m not sure if my post was misleading, but that’s exactly what i’ve tried.
I first flashed a new 4.0 image via usb. Then i did some modifications (i.e. adding some packages) and tried to upgrade it with an swu package, but it did not work (see error above).

Sorry, I misread your message. Please send an email to tech.support@digi.com and this will create a support case for this issue. Also please describe the steps you are making as it seems to be working here.

Hi!

Did you find a solution to this? We are facing the same issue. Any clues is of interest.
Best regards,
Andreas

@andreastaran
In the end it worked somehow…i think the reason was that with 4.0 the emmc gets mounted as /run/media/emmc-mmcblk1p1 (partition label and device-id), and swupdate could not find the image when in recovery mode.
I modified the mount.sh script in /etc/udev/scripts/ so that it gets mounted as /run/media/mmcblk1p1 and included this patch also in the new image and than it worked…

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!