Connection of two servers through two Digi PS TS 16

Hello!
It’s me again, sorry )

We have two Windows 2003 servers and two Digi PS TS 16 devices. The first server connects to the first PS TS 16 and the second server connects to the second PS TS 16. We need transfer RS-232 data from the program installed on the server 1 to the server 2. Can we directly connect two DIGI PS TS 16 devices by the RJ-45 ethernet cable and if yes, which port settings we need set up in the servers software (real port)?

THANK YOU!

P.S. We have this problem, because there are not internal RS232 ports on the servers.

This is the cable you would use to connect two Portserver TS16 ports together:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/cabling/rj458pindigitodigi.pdf

As for whether to use the device in native mode or with Realport, this is generally dependant on the needs of the application you want to use with the Portserver TS16. For instance, if that application needs to talk to a comm port, Realport would be the way to go, but if it needs to talk to an IP address on some TCP port, you’d probably want to configure the serial ports for TCP Sockets.

Many-many thanks for you! I will try this cable tomorrow and write about results.

Hello!
I connected two servers like you said here (with special cable between two Digi PS TS 16), but unfortunately, we have problems with interaction of two programs (RealPort) and the lost packets… many lost packets.
I have tested 3 cables of different length, I have changed any setting which I could find, but I couldn’t solve this problem.
May be you have any ideas? May be we need use 10-pin native Digi cable? Or change anything?

Need more information on the current configuration. How are you communicating with the ports? Are you using TCP sockets or the RealPort driver on your Windows host (i.e. COM port)?

I recommend you post the configuration from your units. This can be obtained under Administration > Backup/Restore or open a case with Digi Tech. Support to investigate this further.