Data Conversion

I am preparing to use a DIGI one IAP for a Modicon Quantum PLC to communicate with an A/B Panelview1000, which A/B no longer offers Modbus comm with this unit.
I am trying to get my addressing squared away in the Modicon and PanelBuilder Projects; I understand that there is a spreadsheet in the support documentation, but I am having trouble locating it. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, if anyone has done this type of comm with the digi one iap, any do’s and dont’s would be appreciated.
I am a newby at this so please be gentle!
Thanks

Are you using a DF1 serial Panelview?

I’ve used the DOIAP between a non-Modicon modbus master and an Allen-Bradley PLC as slave, so that should be a similar application assuming your Panelview is a serial DF1 model. One important item to note!!! There is a bug in the firmware related floating point mapping. I can provide some background if needed.

Since this post is fairly old, I presume you’ve found the spreadsheet by now. I found the document “Polling Rockwell PLC and ControlLogix as Modbus Slaves with Digi One IAP” to be more helpful than the spreadsheet.

This is the spread sheet you require - it is titled “Digi Protocol Bridging Calculator for Master speaking Modbus protocols”:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000653_B.xls

I understand this always seems a bit backwards, however the assumption here is that the SLAVE’s data form is already fixed, so it is just the MASTER’s queries that can be changed. Thus you enter the desired slave details and this spreadsheet tells you what Modbus settings to use.

If your Panelview is 100% flexible, then just define normal N files like N7, N10 and so on. Since most (all?) Rockwell PLC cannot create say an N2 or N6 (these are predefined as S2 and R6), the DOIAP doesn’t expect them to available either.

(The spreadsheet DOES work in OpenOffice Calc also).