Digi ESP consistent problem

I would like to know if anyone else has the same problem.

I launch Digi ESP and debug project. Debugger launches and runs OK. If I stop debugging and make a code change and then rebuild, rebuild works OK. If I then attempt to debug again the dialog for launching debugger flashes up and nothing happens. I have to close Digi ESP and relaunch to be able to debug again. The same is also true if I was to open Digi ESP and compile, builds fine but I have to close and reopen ESP to be able to debug.

I have the latest versions:
Digi ESP for NET+OS Version: 1.0.0 Build id: 40002526 SA20
Digi ESP Tools Version: 1.0.0 Build id: 40002526 SA20

Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools Version: 3.0.2 Build id: 200602061513
Eclipse Platform Version: 3.1.2 Build id: M20060118-1600
Eclipse RCP Version: 3.1.2 Build id: M20060118-1600

Its starting to get quite anoying now and costs a lot of my time.

Thanks in anticipation.

Marc

OK there is something that gets stored in the project settings that causes the problem.

I created a fresh new project and imported the source files from the previous project and it all works.

How stupid is storing settings about the debugger in the project. They should be in their own config files.

I seem to be having a similar problem. I did a fresh install of Digi ESP 7.3 a few weeks ago. Making a new project, I was able to successfully debug (most of the time). Suddenly yesterday, any time I tried to debug, the ESP environment would lock up. I would see the Segger GDB debugger window appear and download the image to the jtag unit, but the DigiESP window would not respond.

Rebooting, etc has not fixed this. I installed ESP on a second machine, copied my project over there (no patches or anything applied though). I was able to successfully build and debug for a few hours, and then suddenly I was having the same problems that my first machine had.

and i hit post by accident

I’m trying your method of creating a new project and just copying my files into it, avoiding the files that the ESP seems to create.

And that seems to work. Very frustrating. I guess I need to just create a new project every time this happens… Any one else ever run into this? Is there a better way to debug images on the connect module than from inside the DigiESP? (I’m using a ConnectME -C module).

Message was edited by: nfgaida