Digi IA versus Digi IAP

Hi;
I have an application where I set a Digi IAP with a printer profile. Since Digi IA is less expensive and the printer profile is available in this model I bought it as a spare part.
I backup the configuration from the Digi IAP and then I restored it into the Digi IA. I saw some warnings but I checked that the printer profile was selected an di decided to test the IA unit. Unfortunately it didn’t work.

Could you please give some tips to debug this problem?
Did I make a mistake by selecting an IA model instead of IAP model?

Regards

Make sure you have the latest firmware in the Digi One IA (should be a “U”). Until “U” was released the DOIA’s firmware was several years old, so would NOT like some of the common configuration within the DOIAP.

Other than the single serial port of the DOIA, in Printer, RealPort, TCP or UDP socket profiles there are no significant differences between the DOIA and DOIAP.

I’d suggest you just manually redo your config in the DOIA from the Web UI - the firmware has a few different defaults and I wouldn’t trust just taking a DOIAP config and loading it on a DOIA. So the DOIA won’t really be a warm-swap spare, but it can be configured to replace a DOIAP.

Note that the DOIAP/DOIA “backup” from the Web UI is just a text file you can edit in WORDPAD (not notepad). So you should be able to compare the DOIAP and DOIA config and make sure your desired changes are there.