Digi XBee 3 Cellular LTE-M/NB-IoT Not Connecting to Cellular

I am trying to use the Digi XBee 3 Cellular LTE-M/NB-IoT module with a valid SIM. The XBee sees the SIM and can read its phone number, ICCID, IMSI, etc, but it doesn’t seem to want to connect to a network. I get a cellular signal strength of 69 that does not change, and the Association Indication stays at 22. I am under the impression that there is no additional setup that needs to be done for it to connect, so is there anything I am doing wrong? I am also using it with the XBIB-U-Dev board.

Redneck,

Are you using an External power Supply? You need to use one with that board.

You also need to be using a SIM account that is setup to use the CAT M network. Using a SIM from say, Verizon that is not set for CAT M on the account will not just connect, but you will be locked out.

Digi Support

I was under the impression that the board is also powered via USB but I have tried with and without the power supply with the same results. How do I tell if it is setup to use CAT M? I assume that’s something I’d have to talk to the provider (Koodo) about?

That is correct. You need to verify first with the provider that this account you are using has access to the cat M/NBiOT network and that there are towers in range.