Doubt on Rabbit5400w

Hi to all,
I am working with RCM5400w module and starting itself i am getting somany doubts. I dont know what are the things needed to do BROWSELED.C program. I have a RCM5400w module and USB adapter wireless-G… Do i need any more device?
I’ve connected USB adapter on my desktop PC and my 5400 connected on my same desktop PC. Then i ran the CD which came along with my USB adapter and i let it configure the network connection which was saying recommended. then i got a window"NETGEAR WG111v3 samrt wizard. i given network name(SSID) as “dhanraj”. and security Disabled and network type as computer to computer(Ad-Hoc). and i applied all settings and when i go to network tap i can get a singnal as

network name(SSID) channel security signal MACaddress mode
dhanraj 6(G) none 100% 02-E0-29-C1-6C-AE Ad-Hoc

But when i change my network type to Infrastructure mode, i cant get any singnal in the network tap as i did in previous mode. What are the device i need to get all this stuffs work fine??

We would use the IP confic for Ethernet communication right? But in wifi where we do this. and on system tray it says “wireless connection is not connected”. is it affecting my infrastructure mode?

Now i stepped up the BROWSELED.c program. While i compiling i am getting
1 error and 4 warrnings. they are

line 142 : ERROR WIFI_MAC_MGMT.LIB : ) is missing/expected.
line 142 : WARNING WIFI_MAC_MGMT.LIB : Conversion to incompatible pointer type
line 154 : WARNING WIFI_MAC_MGMT.LIB : Conversion to incompatible pointer type
if i click on them they just go to WIFI_MAC_MGMT.LIB. but there is nothing.
whats goin on?

I really tried a lot without any single knowledge. But it seems i need some more information. Pls help me…