Edgeport/8 SuSE 10 Question

Hi,
We have an Edgeport/8 that I’m trying to get installed on a SuSE 10 workstation. I’ve found a smattering of documentation on the web regarding how to get SuSE to see the serial ports on this device, but none of the recommendations seem to be working.

SuSE 10 Service Pack 1
Kernel 2.6.16.46-0.14-smp
Edgeport SN I70507019
Edgeport PN 50001314-01 or 301-1002-08

I have loaded the io_edgeport module and the device(s) appears to load successfully at boot: (lsusb -v)
Bus 005 Device 004: ID 1608:0244 Inside Out Networks
Bus 005 Device 003: ID 1608:0288 Inside Out Networks

I need to know how to map the usb device(s) to serial ports in /dev. I read somewhere to add a rule to /etc/udev/rules.d, which I’ve done to no avail. When the module is loaded and verified with lsmod, I have no devices in /dev that look like ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1 etc. (11-edgeport.rules looks like this):
BUS=“usb” SYSFS{idVendor}=“1608” SYSFS{idProduct}=“0244” SYSFS{serial}=“-0" NAME=“%k” SYMLINK=“ttyEDGE4_0_%e”
BUS=“usb” SYSFS{idVendor}=“1608” SYSFS{idProduct}=“0288” SYSFS{serial}="
-0” NAME=“%k” SYMLINK=“ttyEDGE4_1_%e”

Any help that can be provided would be awesome as I’m completely stumped here.

Message was edited by: pschubitzke

Hi,

We are currently working with Sun on getting our newer EP/8 TI chipset supported properly (which is what you have)

I sent them our latest firmware a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed that they received it. I sent them an email late last week and am still waiting on a response.

I’ll try to contact them again. If you don’t hear back from me by the end of the week please email me at mikes@digi.com and I’ll let you know where it stands.

Best regards,

Mike Swift

This is for SuSE not Solaris.

Right…I just now realized that :slight_smile: Sorry for my confusion. We’ll have to send you a patch, Jeremy Mcbane will be getting back to you shortly.

Mike

Thanks! Please ignore my e-mail. :wink: