End device not routing through router to connect to coordinator

I have 3 modules of xbee pro s2b and I’ve configured one as coordinator, router and 3rd one as end-device. I managed to put end-device out of the range from coordinator but in the range of router and router is in the range of coordinator. Both router and end-device are having destination address as source address of coordinator. Now communication route is expected to be

router >>> coordinator
and
end-device >>> router >>> coordinator

I have carefully configured PAN ID and SC parameters and tested that router and end-device communicate to coordinator individually when in range. But as soon as I take end-device out of range from coordinator, end-device stops communication with the coordinator and does not connect to router even after waiting for some time. Coordinator AR parameter is configured with AR = 0xFE, so that I have routing table being updated and packet is routed. I restarted end-devices with turning power off/on and did wait for more than an hour but no luck. End device is not routing packet through router to coordinator. Then I configured end-device as router and repeated above process but still no luck, as device is not routing packet through router to coordinator. I understand that routing via router should be automatic but I have no luck in observing such a behavior. What am I missing?

put your router in broadcast mode and test once it will work (DH=0,DL=FFFF for router)

So, all the routers in the network should be in broadcast mode and end devices be in unicast with destination as coordinator source address for may to one protocol to work?

yes it should like that other both is going to be unicast and your end device is going to be out of range

Hi @csreddy, I have followed your answer but still no luck in establishing connection through router. I thought xbee series 2 devices route data through their neighbours without being configured as broadcast device. Is it true? Also as I’m trying to establish many-to-one routing protocol in the network I have configured coordinator with AR = 1 now i.e. routing tables are updated every 10 secs. Should I configure router as well with AR = 1? Nothing like that is mentioned in the manual though.

scan the network and see once. if the end module is connected or not in the network

I have solved issue. The problem was one of my friend had configured router in sleep mode 4 and which is why XBee module was acting as end device though configured as router. I reconfigured sleep mode to 0 and now everything is working fine. Also it does not matter if router is in broadcast or unicast mode. Everything works in either case. @csreddy thanks for taking out time to help me.

Issue was that router was configured in sleep mode 4 in which case it is as good as end device and won’t allow any children to connect to it as NC = 0 when SM >0. So configure SM = 0 and NC will be 0x0C(max no of children that can connect) for router of XBee pro series 2.

You said that all the routers in the network should be in broadcast mode and end devices be in unicast with destination as coordinator source address for may to one protocol to work.
What does it mean? you mean that DL of router is 0xFFFF?

yes the dl=ffff and dh=0

I have to set the router’s DL FFFF in general. Is it right?

In my case, some end device/router will send the message to coordinator and also communicate each other. Then routers’s DL FFFF is proper also in that case?

dear vinayatsusten
please send parameters you have set for coordinator
router and end device
function set of coordinator
router and end device
DL PANID ID
IAM UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE END DEVICE TO ROUTER TO COORDINATOR