Getting rejoin/join messages from device after getting a SUCCESS from sending a configure reporting request

Hi All,

I am trying to configure a Smartthings device to be in the configure reporting mode, so that it will send updates back to me periodically. We are now working with a Multipurpose Sensor, a Motion Sensor, and a WaterLeak Sensor
So, my request for configure reporting went in successfully and I was getting the following reply from my device.

source_addr_long : 00 0d 6f 00 0a da 75 e3
cluster : 04 02
rf_data : 08 19 07 00
profile : 01 04

Which means a SUCCESS.

Right after that, there supposed to be packets/messages from the device that has the ZCL command 0x0a that means a ZCL report attribute message. However, we saw a bunch of messages with cluster ID 0x0013, which means the following according to the Zigbee specification document:

2.4.3.1.11.1 When Generated
The Deviceannce is provided to enable ZigBee devices on the network to notify_
other ZigBee devices that the device has joined or re-joined the network,
identifying the device’s 64-bit IEEE address and new 16-bit NWK address, and
informing the Remote Devices of the capability of the ZigBee device. This
command shall be invoked for all ZigBee end devices upon join or rejoin. This
command may also be invoked by ZigBee routers upon join or rejoin as part of
NWK address conflict resolution. The destination addressing on this primitive is
broadcast to all devices for which macRxOnWhenIdle = TRUE.

We have one Zigbee device which accepts the request for configure reporting successfully and sends ZCL report attribute messages properly afterwards. This is not a Smartthings device. So, using the same Zigbee protocol, we actually saw a different behaviour for the 3 Smartthings devices that we have.

Can somebody please help out?

Kind regards,
Rahmadi

You may need to send an appropriate ZDO Bind_req for certain devices to begin reporting. I expect the Device Announce messages are not related.

Well, actually I did the ZDO Bind_req (successful) first before sending configure reporting requests. And this had worked on another sensor that we have.

Well, actually I did the ZDO Bind_req (successful) first before sending configure reporting requests. And this had worked on another sensor that we have.

Did you solve your issue? I too have frequently 0x0013 messages from a door sensor with a changing 16 bit network address.

Actually we made it to work. We bought bought a SmartThings hub and we snooped all the data transmissions and tried to mimic them.

Do you have a documentation for which message sequence you have sent? Do you have any suggestions?

If I am not mistaken the problem was with the delays of the messages that are sent and received. So just make sure that you put the right delay between messages that you send to the device from your ZigBee gateway. I think we didn’t put enough delay for the first messages that join the device into the ZigBee network. Does this make sense to you? So for example, instead of delaying for only 1 second, try 2 seconds, etc.

If I am not mistaken the problem was with the delays of the messages that are sent and received. So just make sure that you put the right delay between messages that you send to the device from your ZigBee gateway. I think we didn’t put enough delay for the first messages that join the device into the ZigBee network. Does this make sense to you? So for example, instead of delaying for only 1 second, try 2 seconds, etc.

Please i need a configuration of a Xbee S2C to use it as a
coordinator to communicate with a SmartSence Motion (SAMSUNG ) by using X-CTU .

Is this a SmartThings device by Samsung? Sorry I am not familiar with this SmartSence…