I bought two Arduino Fio boards, three XBees, and an explorer dongle so that I could remote program each of the boards from my computer with the end result being one Arduino taking in commands and remotely controlling the second Arduino.
I unfortunately cannot get past the first step of even programming my arduino remotely. here are the steps I have taken:
- Used XCTU and configured my first XBee using COM6
- Unplugged and attached to Fio board.
- Used same dongle and port to configure the second XBee
- Wrote a simple code using the Arduino software and attempted to upload.
- compiles good but then receive message “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00”
TX/RX do not flash on dongle and RSSI does not flash on Arduino Board.
Any help or guidance on this issue is greatly appreciated.