How to configure XBee using arduino

I have two XBee S2 Regular modules along with two Arduino Megas and two XBee shields. However, I do not have XBee Explorer. How do I configure the XBee modules and setup wireless communication between them using the parts I have?
Kindly help.

You don’t. The product you are using is a ZigBee mesh based product which requires one of the modules to have its firmware change from Router to Coordinator. That requires you to connect the module to an interface board and the PC with the DI, DO, DTR, RTS, VCC and Ground lines connected. Then and only then can you change your firmware from Router to Coordinator using XCTU.

By interface board you mean connecting it to a XBee Shield (which is then mounted on the Arduino Mega) is fine, and I don’t need XBee Explorer?
If you have any tutorial link, please share… thanks!

I am referring to an XBIB-U-DEV or XBIB-R-DEV board which then connects to the PC via a USB or RS232 port that will then allow you to use the XCTU software to change the firmware with.

I have been able to remove the 328 chip from an arduino and program my xbee s2 board with X-CTU by interfacing with tx and rx pins from the arduino. There is an example of this on the building wireless sensor networks book.

I have two XBee S2 Regular modules along with two Arduino Megas and two XBee shields. However, I do not have XBee Explorer. How do I configure the XBee modules and setup wireless

http://pass-4sure.org

The Shields are designed to allow you to connect the 3V XBee to a 5V Arduino. Not a PC. In order to connect the XBee to a PC which is what you need to change its firmware and establish a network, you need something like an XBIB-U-DEV board.