How to Disable XBee Receive Packet Frame Type 0x90 in API Mode

I have 1 Router and 1 Coordinator. I am sending transmit request type frames as fast as possible from router to coordinator. It is a static frame and looks like this:

7E 00 59 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB D5

I want to maximize throughput of this static frame so I set the frame ID to 0 to disable backs and options to 1 to disable retries as per the documentation.

I’ve instrumented my code and it seems that the only other chatter on the network are a bunch of frame type 0x90s. These are the “Receive Packet” types and the coordinator is receiving them along with the 0x10 transmit request types. The ‘options’ byte in the “Receive Packet” has a value of 0x01- which is “Packet Acknowledged”.

I don’t want the packet acknowledged message to be received to free up some bandwidth.

How can I stop it? Thanks!

Which XBee product and firmware versions are you working with?

What are the full API frames you are both sending and receiving?

I do not know the complete answer to your question. However, if your coorinator is set to broadcasting mode ( DH - 0 DL -FFFF) then an acknowledgment message is not sent back.