How to set location of rabbitbios.c and bioslib

#1 and 2 are instructions I’m writing as I install Dynamic C, trying to place everything needed to build a project somewhere that I can place it under source control. This means not in the standard install location…

1. The libraries and include files are initially installed when Dynamic C 10.72 is installed (explained above in “Installing Rabbit Development Tools”), in the following directories:
    C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\Lib
    C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\include

2. Copy the above directories to the following locations, as most everything in C:\KairosRabbit\ is suitable for placing under source control:
    C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib
    C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\include

WELL THIS SHOULD WORK except Dynamic C is brain dead in 2 different ways:

1. even with C:\KairosRabbit\Troy\RCM6600W_LIB.DIR set to C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000, it can’t find “SYSIODEFS.LIB”, “SYSCONFIG.LIB”, “BOARDTYPES.LIB” in C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000\ or .\bioslib, so apparently there is no way to set that.
  2. Also, apparently there is no way to set where it should look for Rabbitbios.c, as it always looks in C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\Bios

Or maybe its just me :slight_smile:

For number 2 above, have you tried the “Project Options\Compiler\Advanced Compiler Options” dialog to set a custom bios?

Regards,
Peter

1 Like

Peter, thank you so much, that solved problem #2, where to find bios.c. Now I am left with trying to to DC where all the bioslib files are. (They are in my local copy of lib/Rabbit4000, which is properly set in my LIB.DIR) Please see revised question below. And thank you!

Once again, #1 and 2 are instructions I’m documenting as I install Dynamic C, trying to place everything needed to build a project somewhere that I can place it under source control. This means not in the standard install location…

1. The libraries and include files are initially installed when Dynamic C 10.72 is installed (explained above in “Installing Rabbit Development Tools”), in the following directories:
    C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\Lib
    C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\include
    C:\DCRABBIT_10.72\Bios

2. Copy the above directories to the following locations, as most everything in C:\KairosRabbit\ is suitable for placing under source control:
    C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib
    C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\include
    C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Bios

WELL THIS SHOULD WORK except Dynamic C cannot locate lib files needed by bios.c – even with C:\KairosRabbit\Troy\RCM6600W_LIB.DIR set to C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000, it can’t find “SYSIODEFS.LIB”, “SYSCONFIG.LIB”, “BOARDTYPES.LIB” in C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000\ or .\bioslib, so apparently there is no way to set that.

HA! It was operator error! My C:\KairosRabbit\Troy\RCM6600W_LIB.DIR was set to C:\KairosRabbit\Dynamic_C_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000 instead of C:\KairosRabbit\DynamicC_10.72_Libs\Lib\Rabbit4000 Notice additional underscore after Dynamic.

Thanks, Peter.