Installing the acceleport xem in sco openserver 6.0

After the installation of the driver and the configuration of the mpi the system is restart. In the process when the multiusers are about to begin the process stop. The only way to get out is to turn off the server, start in single user and remove the driver. Only then the operating system start up normal.

P.S. The server is an HP Proliant ML150 G2 SCSI

What driver did you use? Do you have a link to it or could you tell us the version? Also, have you tried the card in a different PCI slot?

I use the 40002486_a.bin and yes i try the three pci-x and 32 bit pci.

Ok, that’s good, you’re using the correct drive. A common problem is people trying to use the SCO OS5 driver with OS6. So, to recover from this condition all you do is remove the driver? Is the card still installed in the server at this point? Trying to figure out if its hardware or software causing the problem…

The problem is the software because when i install the card alone the bios recognized and the system work find. When i install the software the problem begin again. Then i remove everything, software and hardware, and install only the software and the problem begin.

Have you tried the removing this driver and installing the pre-release driver sent to you by Digi Technical Support this morning?

Also, have you run the DOS diagnostics on the adapter?

Yes i install the pre release driver. How do i run the DOS diagnostics?

Message was edited by: aurbina

Since the problem only happens with the driver installed, running the DOS diagnostics should not be necessary.

At this point, I recommend pursuing this with Digi Tech. Support directly instead of this forum.

I do that over the phone but they don’t know what’s hapening. I’m still waiting for the solution from them.

Your case has been escalated within Digi Technical Support.

Meanwhile, Engineering is currently reviewing this matter to determine how to proceed.