Is it possible to modify the routing protocol in the ZB modules?

I recently downloaded the codewarrior IDE and example project files for the XBee ZB modules. I have been using the old ZNET modules and have not purchased any of the ZB modules.

I’m working on a project in which we are developing different routing protocols. At first I was planning on using the 802.15.4 modules and implementing the other networking layers on the microcontroller attached to the XBee, but seeing that I can modify the code on the XBee’s microcontroller, I was hoping I could then just modify the existing code.

I looked at the code in the example projects, but I had a hard time finding anything relating to routing, which lead me to believe I cannot change any aspect of that because it may be proprietary or something.

Thanks!

The code worrier software is not for writing new code for the standard XBee ZB or PRO ZB modules. It is only used for the Programmable versions of that product that offers a 2nd processor on the board.

In short, no, you can’t tell the S2 or ZB modules to use a different protocol to send data with.