It's posible change Firmware protocol over the Air?

I am working on Xbee3 with Zigbee protocol which I want to change to Digimesh protocol over the air. I want to do this wireless modification because the remote Xbee is currently not accessible to connect to the Xctu. I tried to do tests updating the firmware but with the same protocol in XCTU and if it updates it. On the other hand when I want to make a firmware change I get an error. Hopefully someone could help me and tell me if it is possible what I am trying. Thank you.

Yes, you can change firmware over the air on the XBee 3 modules to the other protocols such as Zigbee, 802.15.4 or Digi Mesh.

Hi, I’m trying to change the firmware protocol over the air but I had the problem “Timeout waiting for Next ‘Image Block Request’”. When I change the firmware version but no te protocol everything its OK. Please could you help. I’d appreciate your help.

Bryan I would recommend you contact Digi Support @ tech.support@digi.com. It does require that all of the nodes being used are XBee 3. Also they need to have their antennas connected.