Xbee Pro Firmware Update

Hello,

I would like to know if I can upgrade the firmware of my Xbee Pro 802.15.04 to ZB/DigiMesh or vice-versa? Can module Xbee/Xbee Pro ZB be the router or cordinator in the Mesh network by flashing the right firmware?

Thank you.

Hello Friend,

I hope that questions help you:

•Can I get the DigiMesh protocol running on a XBee 802.15.4 OEM module? Yes, you can choose between using the point to point communication paradigm or set the completely distributed mesh algorithm from Digi. Both protocols use the Freescale chipset.

•Can I get the DigiMesh protocol running on a XBee ZB module or XBee ZNet 2.5? No, DigiMesh rely on the Freescale’s chipset and ZB does on the Ember’s one.

•Can I get the 802.15.4 raw stack running on the XBee ZB (ZigBee) or XBee ZNet 2.5 module? No, 802.15.4 raw stack rely on the Freescale’s chipset and ZB and ZNet 2.5 do on the Ember’s one.

•Can I get the ZigBee stack (ZB or ZNet 2.5) running on the XBee 802.15.4 OEM module? No, XBee 802.15.4 OEM module rely on the Freescale’s chipset and ZigBee (ZB and ZNet 2.5) does on the Ember’s one.

•Can I get the XBee ZB ZigBee stack running on the XBee ZNet 2.5 module? Yes, both modules rely on the Ember’s chipset and you can choose the configration you want.

•Can I get the XBee Znet 2.5 ZigBee stack running on the XBee ZB module? Yes, both modules rely on the Ember’s chipset and you can choose the configration you want.

You can also change the firmware between coordinator, router and end device of XBee / Xbee Pro ZB.

Greetings.