LOW RATE AT AT MODE

hi there.
I have a serious doubt.
I intend to create a mesh net using Xbee ZB. For this, I will have one coordinator and four routers. I decide to choose the Transparent mode so as to use my own protocol.
The problem is: in my first test, using one coordinator and one router, I configured both of them to broadcast one single byte per second. Debugging the system I realized that some bytes are lost often.
I just want to knowm the reason why it is happening, cause I intend to use my own protocol, and for this reason my communication needs to be much faster than 1 byte per second.(around 1ms per byte)

I appreciate any help.

I’ll take a stab at answering this from my limited understanding of what I’ve read.

Broadcasting may be the problem as it is slow due to the way the packets must propagate through the entire network.

I believe that it would be better to Unicast with the coordinator and/or router as the destination. Try this and see if the response is better.

Another item, it takes just as long to get 1 byte through the network as it does 70 bytes since the data payload is wrapped in a packet for transmission.