Messed up C module with JTAG

I’m new to the Digi Connect ME. I have the development kit part #(1P)50000882-02 S/N: (S) V53285586 and a Connect ME module P/N: (1P)50000878-04 F. The Module says on the top of it: Connect ME -C JTAG.

Ok, now the problem. I was working with the unit just fine for the last couple days, but then yesterday things started going wrong and I don’t know why.

I was using the gdb to load some sample apps into the ME without a problem, but then I noticed that when I would power cycle the ME, the normal menu that comes up in hyperterminal stopped comming up. I was still able to load apps though the JTAG…for a while though. Now I can’t even do that.

Not only does the unit not post anything that I can see with hyperterminal, but now when I try to start the debugger with the command line “gdbtk -se image.elf”, the source window just comes up and it won’t let me load anything into the module like it used to. I used to be able to type “load image.bin” into the cosole window, but that isn’t work either now. I just get a message “Error: You can’t do that when your target is `exec’”.

I need help please. I can’t work on this anymore because of this and I’m supposed to be evaluating this board to see if we are going to intigrate it into our product line.

I have called or tech support, but I was told that they would call me back and I’ve heard nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry