Multiple buttons to drive multiple events

Hi all,

I’m using the Digi Connect ME 9210. At this moment in my application, to drive multiple events, I send a command number using the submit button.

To clean up the html interface and make it more customer-proof, I want to add several buttons, all to trigger different events. IE: 5 Buttons to toggle the LED’s on the developement board by clicking the button that represents te LED.

Does anybody have an example or can give me a direction in where to look for a solution?

Thanks in advance!

What development kit are you using?

I’m using the Connect ME 9210/7520 Developement Board, Revision E, with a Digi Connect ME 9210.

I don’n nessecarily want to drive the LED’s, but it seemd a good example. It would be of great help if i could only trigger a custom routine on the Connect ME 9210.

I meant which development environment are you using? I.E. NET+OS, Digi Embedded Linux, or the Plug and Play firmware.

That would be the NET+OS

Version: 1.4.0
Build id: 08272008 NET+OS 7.4

Hello

I do not believe you will be able to perform the actions you want to do without using AJAX (asynchonous Javascript and XML) techniques. The problem you will have without suing AJAX is that the buttons will not actually fire the "stub" functions until you hit the submit key.

I am including a paper on using AJAX with AWS. There is an associated project that I'll post shortly

The project I alluded to in the last update is located at the following URL:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/aws_and_ajax.zip

Thank you for your help so far. I implemented the example you provided, but I can’t get it to run properly.

The functions are called, executed, but the data is not saved. It reaches the “Doing a POST” alert, but not any further.

I went through the whitepaper several times today, but unfortunately I can’t find something that could be wrong.

Message was edited by: RubenDamoiseaux

Message was edited by: RubenDamoiseaux

Got back to the issue today. First thing I came across was a known issue regarding differences in IE in comparisson to Firefox. Tried IE and the whole thing runs.

Problem seems to be in the “request.setRequestHeader”. Looking for a workaround now to get this thing running in Firefox to.