NetOS60 toolchain on Linux

Is anybody running the arm compiler toolchain for NetOS on linux? If so, is there a precompiled version of the toolchain? Thanks, Norbert

Hi Norbert Precompiled GNU x-tool chains for the Netsilicon devices can be found at: http://www.macraigor.com/full_gnu.htm There may be some any more suitable versions of the tools available from Netsilicon for use with NetOS6… but I think Netsilicon’s preferred GNU tools set is from microcross on a cygwin host… and so isn’t available in binary form for free… Regards Dave

>Is anybody running the arm compiler toolchain for NetOS on linux? Yes, we do. (you mean GNU/Linux, it doesn’t run on the kernel) > If so, is there a precompiled version of the toolchain? I don’t know. There is noting special about the toolchain. If you build a crosscompiler with the original binutils,gcc,newlib sources (you can find the versions they use in the Readme.txt of the NET+OS6 distribution) for arm-elf and multilib support (be,le) you can use that compiler to build the bsp and your application. You have also to fix some minor cAsE issues with some header files. Its a matter of taste to invest 3-4 hours of your time for that or buy it from microcross/netsilicon and have support… but in freedom you are always alone :>

Thanks for your answer, Dave, but: I had already tried this tools a little time ago, but were not able to compile the NetOS6 sources. After installing the rpm I adapted toolsdef.mak to GNU_PATH=/usr/local/arm/arm-elf/bin GNU_PREFIX=/usr/local/arm/arm-elf/bin/ GNU_UTILITY_PATH=/usr/local/arm/arm-elf/bin compiling went well, but the linker complained about libgcc being in the wrong endian format: /usr/local/arm/arm-elf/bin/ld: /usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a(__main.o): compiled for a little endian system and target is big endian I have played around by copying libgcc from the cygnus version and finally managed to compile, but the resulting image did not run. Now I have downloaded the latest rpm from MacGraigor, but this does not contain any headers like stdio.h, so make depend already fails. I also noticed, that there are no sources for some of the tools provided in the NetOS60/bin dir (e.g. bin2obj.exe) Did you really manage to compile NetOS with these tools? Regards Norbert

Hi Norbert see comments below: > compiling went well, but the linker complained about > libgcc being in the wrong endian format: > > /usr/local/arm/arm-elf/bin/ld: > /usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a(__m > in.o): compiled for a little endian system and target > is big endian If macraigor have configured and build the tools correctly the big endian libraries should be in the path: /usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/be but this assumes they turned on big and little endian support when building GCC… by default GNU tools assume the endianess of a ARM is little endian… > Now I have downloaded the latest rpm from MacGraigor, > but this does not contain any headers like stdio.h, > so make depend already fails. probably best getting the sources for GCC, binutils and insight/gdb from their proper maintainers… > Did you really manage to compile NetOS with these > tools? never tried as we didn’t use NET0S… I was using a home brew op system… and a self build of GCC 3.3.1 with Newlib instead of Glibc, built for MingW host (win32 without cgywin dll) and big / little Endian, Arm / thumb ARM7TDMI target support… Regards, Dave