NETOS5.1 + New Cygwin = 'make' error 'missing separator'

Hi,I am experiencing some troubles with my GNU toolchain. First some facts: Host system: Win2k Net+OS: 5.1 Cygwin: 1.2 in C:\Programme\Cygwin GNU X-tools: 3.0 GCC: 2.95 Degugger: Raven The hole toolchain worked well until… …I was force to install a second Cygwin (V1.5.10) for another software package from Wavecom (does not have anything to do with Netsilicon). I installed Wavecom Cygwin in C:\Programme\Cygwin1510 The reason why I installed the new Cygwin in a different directory is that I sooner had tried to update the 1.2 Version Cygwin. This try ended with ‘make’ producing errors such as ‘missing separator’ which it had not done before. I had to de-install everything, manually clean the Windows registry and re-install the hole toolchain in the original version again. Now that I have installed the ‘Wavecom’ Cygwin to a different path than the ‘Netsilicon’ Cygwin I get the same errors again. Questions: - Why does the Netsilicon toolchain not work with any cygwin installation else than 1.2 which comes with the Netsilicon package? - Is it at all possible to have more than one Cygwin environements on a Windows system? - How can I use different versions of gcc compiler 2.95 or 3.2 since Netsilicon places the compiler chain in the cygwin installation (wavecom uses a different directory for the compilers)? - Is it possible to bind libraries or objects build with an older compiler version (e.g. 2.95) to sources compiled with a newer compiler such as 3.2 (I do not thinks so, but I don’t have the sources of e.g. the ThreadX library and will therefore not be able to recompile several libraries)? I would appeciate any help Roman

Hi> - Why does the Netsilicon toolchain not work with any > cygwin installation else than 1.2 which comes with > the Netsilicon package? Its a common problem with GPL software tool chains built under cygwin… they usually only work under the version of cygwin with which they were built… mostly because functionality gets removed / broken a lot in the cygwin DLL from one version to another… > - Is it at all possible to have more than one Cygwin > environments on a Windows system? Yes… Remove the cygwin elements from your path environment… and invoke the two different cywins from shortcuts which adds the correct cygwin\bin path needed for the tools… Alternatives are to add the correct cygwin DLL to the folder in which the exe needing it live… > - How can I use different versions of gcc compiler > 2.95 or 3.2 since Netsilicon places the compiler > chain in the cygwin installation (wavecom uses a > different directory for the compilers)? I think there is an environment variable (inside Cygwin shell) that sets the GCC location… The GCC exes themselves includes the info about where its default libraries etc. live… > - Is it possible to bind libraries or objects build > with an older compiler version (e.g. 2.95) to sources > compiled with a newer compiler such as 3.2 (I do not > thinks so, but I don’t have the sources of e.g. the > ThreadX library and will therefore not be able to > recompile several libraries)? Not as far as I know… But if you get the original GCC/Cygwin working by using the above suggestions you should be able to build all code with the 2.95 GNU X-tools… Regards Dave