NETOS 5.1 + New Cygwin = 'make' error 'missing separator'

Hi,I am experiencing some troubles with my GNU toolchain. First some facts: Host system: Win2k Net+OS: 5.1 Cygwin: 1.2 in C:\Programme\Cygwin GNU X-tools: 3.0 GCC: 2.95 Degugger: Raven The hole toolchain worked well until… …I was force to install a second Cygwin (V1.5.10) for another software package from Wavecom (does not have anything to do with Netsilicon). I installed Wavecom Cygwin in C:\Programme\Cygwin1510 The reason why I installed the new Cygwin in a different directory is that I sooner had tried to update the 1.2 Version Cygwin. This try ended with ‘make’ producing errors such as ‘missing separator’ which it had not done before. I had to de-install everything, manually clean the Windows registry and re-install the hole toolchain in the original version again. Now that I have installed the ‘Wavecom’ Cygwin to a different path than the ‘Netsilicon’ Cygwin I get the same errors again. Questions: - Why does the Netsilicon toolchain not work with any cygwin installation else than 1.2 which comes with the Netsilicon package? - Is it at all possible to have more than one Cygwin environements on a Windows system? - How can I use different versions of gcc compiler 2.95 or 3.2 since Netsilicon places the compiler chain in the cygwin installation (wavecom uses a different directory for the compilers)? - Is it possible to bind libraries or objects build with an older compiler version (e.g. 2.95) to sources compiled with a newer compiler such as 3.2 (I do not thinks so, but I don’t have the sources of e.g. the ThreadX library and will therefore not be able to recompile several libraries)? I would appeciate any help Roman

We work exclusively with the Microcross GNU tool chain.

The last time I checked, cygwin did not support multiple installations. There were a number of registry entries with global paths and environment values, so the last install had set those. It has been a while since I checked, so they may have resolved those issues. But you may need to use VMWare sessions to allow more than one version.