Newb -- Can DigiMe meet these requirements, and how?

We are currently using DigiConnect ME as an access device for our telecom radios. Using the software they are shipped with, very straightforward.

We need to change our set-up, so that certain DigiMes are originating sessions.

Our basic setup will have 4 elements:

A – IDU #1. Will be gathering status from two other elements, B and C.

B – ODU #1. Will be reporting status to whomever asks.

C – ODU #2. Will be reporting status to whomever asks.

D – IDU #2. Will be gathering status from two other elements, B and C.

And lastly a user PC, which will be gathering status form all 4 of our elements.

All of these components will be hooked (virtually) to a LAN.

Currently when we talk from a PC to a DigiMe we set up a telnet session to gain access to the serial port. In the proposed set-up we cannot have any dedicated connections, each element must be able to respond to multiple requests.

The other big change is we will need elements A & D to originate messages to other IP addresses, so we will need some way to configure which IP addresses they will be targeting, and a way to control all of this over the serial lines.

Could someone please publicly here or privately let me know if this is doable and share some info on what documents cover which parts of this. I am guessing we will need to program this ourselves, that the standard software will not suffice, so would like some info as to scope of the work required. Any contractors wishing to bid privately, feel free.

Regards,
RMB

rmbettiga@yahoo.com